If you have dentures, then it is essential that you take excellent care of them so they can last for many years. In fact, dentures are unique appliances that are made to endure the test of time when cared for and treated with care. If cared for incorrectly, dentures can become damaged or need to be replaced. That is why it is essential to know how to take care of your dentures.
Dr. Paul Greco is always willing to help you understand what you need to know about taking care of your oral health. Furthermore, our team is excited to give you some top-notch tips on how to care for your dentures.
Here are some top-notch tips on dentures:
– Your dentures are fragile, so you need to be careful when handling them outside of your mouth.
– To prevent your dentures from drying out, make sure they are always stored in a liquid solution.
– Abrasion can occur if you use abrasive cleaning materials on dentures, such as teeth whiteners or bleach.
– If your dentures are ever damaged, do not try to repair them yourself. Instead, bring them to our dentist for repairs.
– Contamination can occur if your dentures are not properly cleaned daily.
– It is important to always keep your dentures clean by soaking them overnight in a denture cleaning solution. Be sure to rinse off the solution before putting them back in your mouth.
As you can see, dentures are easy to care for and when they are, they can last for many years. If you have questions or need assistance with your dentures in Hartsdale, New York, please call us today at 914-205-3750 to schedule an appointment. Our dental team at Hartsdale Family Dental is happy to help you with your denture needs.