Do you know the difference between cosmetic mouthwash and therapeutic mouthwash? Whereas cosmetic mouthwash is designed to help mask bad breath, therapeutic mouthwash actually digs deeper and can add oral health care benefits such as removing plaque and bacteria responsible for bad breath and other oral health ailments. Some of the benefits of therapeutic mouthwash are as follows:
– Visit your dentist for routine checkups and examinations to make sure that you are adequately cleaning out your mouth with your daily oral hygiene routines. Speak to your dentist about mouthwash product recommendations suggestions.
– Several forms of mouthwash can actually include teeth whitening substances that can remove stains and discolorations.
– By reducing plaque in your mouth, you can slow the speed at which tartar forms. Tartar is difficult to wash away and will require the help of a dentist.
– Mouthwash products are known for helping to reduce early stages of gum disease, such as gingivitis.
– If you’re struggling with keeping your mouth clean, consider adding mouthwash to your daily routines, as it can help reduce plaque buildup.
Are you in need of a smile upgrade? If you would like Dr. Paul Greco and our team at Hartsdale Family Dental to bring you in for a comprehensive exam to determine which treatments are right for you, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Hartsdale, New York, by calling us at 914-205-3750.